We have lots of projects
You have lots of engineering interests
We offer competitive salaries depending on your experience. We also have a bonus plan and all those competitive benefits you would expect.
We design products for our customers. They are a diverse bunch and they really like us:
Think big fancy coffee machines at your local bean dealer, restaurant bread ovens and such
Things factories use – laser markers, robot controls, wireless gas and fluid detectors, pumps and other stuff you use while wearing gloves
Gizmos to help your doctor – removing clots, zapping nerves, feeding your baby, weighing your medicine
Helping advance the technology of our men and women in uniform like staying safe from toxins, and keeping the power on in the field
Qualities you bring to the position
- Like working with top hardware engineers
- Use the latest lab test equipment to troubleshoot your guitar amp
- Like looking at electronic schematics (don’t be embarrased, we do too)
- Know your way around datasheets (I mean, it’s more entertaining than watching the Rise of Skywalker).
- Like to work with the latest technology
- Love to bring products to life
About this job
Embedded Applications Engineer
At DE Design Works, this person will work in a fast-paced, collaborative product development team to develop a wide variety of new products that include custom hardware and software, wired and wireless communications technologies, control systems, and user interfaces.
The Applications Engineer has a broad development scope, from requirements development, user interfaces, application logic on microcontroller platforms, mobile, PC and Web back-end.
Responsibilities you need to handle:
- Work directly with customers to develop and document requirements
- Design and implement software for embedded, mobile, PC and Web platforms
- Incorporate custom software and (as appropriate) open-source platform software
- Communicate regularly with customers and the internal team
- Occasional domestic travel to customer locations may be required
Credentials you’ll need:
- 4-years industry experience working hands-on in Embedded systems with microcontrollers, embedded PC or other low-level software/hardware environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong communication skills
We need you to have these skills:
- Speak and think fluently in C, C++, for MCU/MPU or embedded PC platforms
- Working knowledge of communication technologies (UART, USB, I2C, SPI)
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and device datasheets
- Adept use of software version control systems in daily work
We’d also love these skills, but they aren’t required:
- Embedded Linux – Buildroot, Yocto, device drivers
- .NET technologies, Azure, C#
- Security technologies, IoT platforms, AWS/Azure, VB.NET, Python, RTOS, PIC16/24/32, DSP and signal processing, CPLD/FPGA programmable logic and digital design, motor and motion control, graphics and user interface development, Bluetooth LE, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, CAN bus, TPC/IP Networking, App development (Android Java, iOS)
This position reports to the Director of Engineering, who makes a lot of bad puns.
Celebrating our 20th year in business, DE Design Works is a 100% US-based engineering firm specializing in product development with core competency in embedded firmware, application software, printed circuit board (PCBA) hardware design, quick turn prototyping, pre-certification testing, and management consulting for scaling the manufacturing of electronic assemblies to volume production.
We Need You!
We strive to provide our customers with innovative, high-quality solutions through the deployment of cutting-edge technology and services that exceed the customer’s expectations. Our customers range from small to large corporations that represent industrial, commercial, medical, and military market segments. Through vertical integration of our skilled engineers, DE delivers complete designs with expertise in hardware, software, systems, and mechanical disciplines. We are an integrated and tight-knit team that works together to develop products for our customers.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org