We continue to selectively broaden our customer base,
You may be ready for a change,
We offer competitive salaries depending on your experience. We also have a bonus plan and all those benefits you would expect.
We design products for our customers. They are a diverse bunch and they really like us:
Gizmos to help your doctor – removing clots, zapping nerves, feeding your baby, weighing your medicine
Things factories use – laser markers, robot controls, wireless gas and fluid detectors, pumps and other stuff you use while wearing gloves
Think big fancy coffee machines at your local bean dealer, restaurant bread ovens and burger makers
Helping advance the technology of our men and women in uniform like staying safe from toxins, and keeping the power on in the field
Qualities you bring to the position
- Like working with top embedded engineers
- Use the latest lab test equipment to troubleshoot your guitar amp
- Like looking at electronic schematics (don’t be embarrassed, we do too)
- Know your way around datasheets (I mean, it’s more entertaining than watching the House of Dragon).
- Like to work with the latest technology
- Love to bring products to life
- You’re self-motivated, meet deadlines, enjoy leading and mentoring
- Seek continuous improvement, research, and are collaborative (like The Beatles before Yoko came along)
- Strong communication skills are necessary – we promote productive discussion at the appropriate level of detail with customers, team members and management
About this job
Embedded Hardware Design Engineer
Responsibilities you need to handle:
Lead electrical PCB design projects and engineering efforts for a wide range of industrial, medical, and military products in a
collaborative technology-focused environment of creative engineers.
Credentials and attributes we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- PCB design experience
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience as a hardware design engineer is a big plus
- Work in Altium will be required
- Bench troubleshooting and lab equipment experience is a high priority
We’d also love these skills, but they aren’t required:
The ideal candidate will have a passion for embedded PCB hardware design and problem solving, be a self‐starter, meet deadlines,
and contribute to constant improvement initiatives, research, and collaboration.
Be sure to tell us about any of these superpowers you may have:
- Schematic entry, block diagram creation, critical component selection and sourcing
- High speed PCB layout, BGA layout, high power test to 6kW, voltage up to 10kV, low voltage power supply design
- BLDC/ACI/PMSM motor control PCB design to 3kW
- Analog control circuits and sensors, Op‐Amps, filters, ESD/RFI/EMC compliance
- Low power battery management control systems down to nano‐Amps
- Optimal grounding and isolation understanding and techniques, circuit simulation
- Methods of design for manufacturing and test
- Electromechanical robotics and vehicles, motion control, PID controls, UPS/power conversion topologies
- Advanced materials and process, flex, rigid flex, organic and printed electronics
- ISO quality management, source control, design for manufacturing
- SAE, IEC, UL, CSA, ETL, MIL‐STD, pre‐FDA compliance
- Test procedure development
- Working knowledge of communication technologies UART/RS, USB, I2C, SPI, Ethernet MII/RMII/GMII, Wifi, BLE, A2B, ProfiNET, Ethernet/IP, CAN, proprietary RF mesh, LoRa, RFID, 4/5G LTE, NBIoT, GPS/GNSS, IMU/motion, RGB/LVDS/GPU graphics display
This position reports to the Director of Engineering, who thinks he is funny and occasionally he is.
Since 2002, DE Design Works is a 100% US-based engineering firm specializing in product development with core competency in embedded firmware, application software, printed circuit board (PCBA) hardware design, prototyping, pre-certification testing, and management consulting for scaling the manufacturing of electronic assemblies to volume production.
We Need You!
We strive to provide our customers with innovative, high-quality solutions through the deployment of cutting-edge technology and services that exceed the customer’s expectations. Our customers range from small to large corporations that represent industrial, commercial, medical, and military market segments. Through vertical integration of our skilled engineers, DE delivers complete designs with expertise in hardware, software, systems, and mechanical disciplines. We are an integrated and tight-knit team that works together to develop products for our customers.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org