We continue to selectively broaden our customer base,
You may be ready for a change,
We offer competitive salaries depending on your experience. We also have a bonus plan and all those benefits you would expect.
We design products for our customers. They are a diverse bunch and they really like us:
Think big fancy coffee machines at your local bean dealer, restaurant bread ovens and such
Things factories use – laser markers, robot controls, wireless gas and fluid detectors, pumps and other stuff you use while wearing gloves
Gizmos to help your doctor – removing clots, zapping nerves, feeding your baby, weighing your medicine
Helping advance the technology of our men and women in uniform like staying safe from toxins, and keeping the power on in the field
Qualities you bring to the position
- Like working with top hardware engineers
- Use the latest lab test equipment to troubleshoot your guitar amp
- Like looking at electronic schematics (don’t be embarrased, we do too)
- Know your way around datasheets (I mean, it’s more entertaining than watching the Rise of Skywalker).
- Like to work with the latest technology
- Love to bring products to life
- You’re self-motivated, meet deadlines, enjoy leading and mentoring
- Seek continuous improvement, research, and are collaborative (like The Beatles before Yoko came along)
- Strong communication skills are necessary – we promote productive discussion at the appropriate level of detail with customers, team members and management
About this job
Senior Software Engineer
Responsibilities you need to handle:
Work with a small collaborative team of technology-focused, creative firmware/software and hardware engineers on a large variety
of IoT and embedded control system projects for industrial, medical, and military applications. Work directly with customers to elicit and manage product requirements, contribute to engineering effort and schedule estimates, develop the design architecture,
participate in and coordinate team software development, and provide design leadership and mentoring.
Credentials and attributes we look for:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, with extensive experience in professional projects.
- Experience as a project lead, software architect, program manager, or engineering lead is desired.
- Passion for product development, embedded hardware devices, and creative problem solving.
- Solid embedded programming skills in a variety of platforms using C, C++, C#, mobile, Linux and Windows platforms.
- Core knowledge of communication technologies (UART, USB, I2C, SPI, BLE, Ethernet, Wi-Fi).
- Commonly use structured design and programming.
- Software version control systems in daily work.
- The ability to read and interpret schematics and device datasheets.
- Familiarity with test equipment.
We’d also love these skills, but they aren’t required:
- Microcontrollers, device drivers, IoT platforms, security technologies
- Embedded Linux, Buildroot, Yocto, Cloud VMs, AWS/Azure, SQL
- .NET, VB, Python, RTOS
- PIC8/16/32, ARM, DSP, CPLD/FPGA programmable logic
- motor and motion control, graphics and user interface development
- Qt, MQTT, EtherCAT, ProfiNET, CAN bus, TPC/IP, App development (Android, iOS)
This position reports to the Director of Engineering, who thinks he is funny and makes a lot of bad puns.
About DE Design Works
Over 20 years in business, DE Design Works is a 100% US-based engineering firm specializing in product development with core competency in embedded firmware, application software, printed circuit board (PCBA) hardware design, prototyping, pre-certification testing, and management consulting for scaling the manufacturing of electronic assemblies to volume production.
We Need You!
We strive to provide our customers with innovative, high-quality solutions through the deployment of cutting-edge technology and services that exceed the customer’s expectations. Our customers range from small to large corporations that represent industrial, commercial, medical, and military market segments. Through vertical integration of our skilled engineers, DE delivers complete designs with expertise in hardware, software, systems, and mechanical disciplines. We are an integrated and tight-knit team that works together to develop products for our customers.
Click here for a printable PDF of the SR SOFTWARE ENGINEER job description: DR1726 Sr Software Engineer
Please email resume to email@example.com