Technology is our focus. We cross-pollinate tech from one industry to another with our experienced team. For example, we are masters at CANBus. CANBus has its roots in industrial and automotive applications. We introduced CANbus into industrial restaurant equipment and furniture. In both of these markets we helped our customers patent these solutions after working together to understand the needs of their industry and explained the trade-offs that various technologies provide to find the best fit for the needs of thier users to fit a niche and create disruption in their industry. We successfully developed many new products working with their teams in these cases to invent new unique solutions because our customers are experts in their markets and we are experts in the design of custom products and technology.
We love designing new innovative products and seeing our customers leap frog their competition!
Imagine having a programming team that are experts on multiple micros and have a library of 15 years of software solutions to use as examples. Imagine being to market with software solutions in 3 months instead of 2 years. Imagine meeting face to face with an English speaking programmer working on your project and getting results in hours not weeks when you need to make a change or have a field issue. Imagine not having to have conference calls in the middle of the night. Welcome to DE Design Works. Our programming team integrates with your software and management team. Everyone learns from each other and a better product is the result.
- Embedded C and C++ Bare Metal Firmware Design and Development for Real Time Micro Controllers and Micro Processors Control Systems
- Microsoft .NET - C# C++ VB for PC Applications and Communication Interfaces
- Android and iOS Applications - Java, Xcode for Mobile Targets
- Embedded Linux Architecture Development and Custom Board Support (BSP) - Ubuntu, Yocto, BuildRoot for ARM Open Source Targets
- Custom Bootloaders, Advanced Security, Unique Identification, and Tamper Detection
- FPGA Logic and Architecture Development
- DSP Assembly Language Conversion to C Targets
- Multi-Core Solutions for Real Time and Linux Distributions and Advanced Architecture Platforms Development Efforts
- IoT and IIoT API Development - RESTful ,MQTT, PHP, Squirrel, C++, C#, Assembler, Java Script for Device to Cloud Database SQL/AWS/Azure and event messaging
- AI / Machine Learning - Python, Node JS, React, Angular, Unity, Tensor Flow
With over 30 years of power electronics design experience we have designed many power products. We have the capabilities in our lab to test all kinds of power and motor control designs up to 3,000 Watts and build pilot-ready quality prototypes lighting fast. We are great at low power mobile too and architecting solutions for extreme low power and high power configurable state machines and power sequencing. For example, we designed a 3kW UPS that has a quiescent sleep current at 900nA (nano-amps is not a typo.)
Our motor control applications experience is rooted in all electric vehicles, HVAC drives, and robotics control systems. Popular Mechanics awarded our customer top 10 most brilliant products of 2009 for an all electric mower that included our design of a custom 2kW dual axis Permanent Synchronous Motor (PMSM) controller that used Field Oriented Control (FOC) Algorithms and Space Vector Modulation (SVM) techniques and a 16 bit low cost microcontroller and CAN bus to implement a world class differentiating break through electric mower.
We are experts in motor control at the microcontroller and PCB level:
- Motor Control Firmware Expertise
- Custom Magnetics
- Thermal Management - Insulated Metal Substrate Module (IMSM) Design
- Automated Guided Vehicle Applications (AGV) - agricultural applications and warehouse packaging applications
- Motion control applications - Feed forward, torque, speed, Zero state positioning, etc
- Custom designed encoder technology replacement - absolute and relative motion applications
- Custom hall effect position sensors using cutting edge MEMs sensors
- Fluid sensors and precision dispensing control
- BLDC trapezoidal and Sinusoidal
- Servo Radar Systems
- Peristaltic Pumps
It is still an Analog world - even if we feel like we live in a digital bubble some days.
High-precision analog circuits can be an art to get good signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) results. It takes an understanding of PCB layout techniques and attention to grounding details as well as choosing the correct components. For example, understanding what a slew-rate is on an Operational amplifier specification.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
We are equipped to support all the FIR FFT fun you want to have. We love spinning motors with FOC from our friends Park and Clarke, chopping up audio files, playing with PLLs, and reading your mind with EEGs.
We are experts in providing wireless integration. There are many flavors and choices when it comes to wireless. It is critical to understand the use case, price point, environment, and capabilities and support plan for the wireless interface. We can provide chip down designs for high volume applications >100k units/year or pre-certified module-based product designs. We have ready to go solution templates for Wifi, MiWi, Flat Mesh, SubGHz, Bluetooth Classic, Bluetooth Audio, Bluetooth Smart Low Energy (BLE) and more.
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) - we are Bluetooth SIG members
- WiFi 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- Standard Mesh (Zigbee, MiWi)
- 5G Wireless and Emerging Technologies
- Low Cost Mesh Solutions
- RFID, NFC tag scanning
- Cellular M2M, CatM, NBIoT 4GLTE
- GPS/GNSS PNT Locational Data, Asset Tracking (indoor and globally)
- LoRa SubG Wireless
- IoT and IIoT wireless gateways and wireless leaf node custom controls and low power sensors. Architecture solutions to enable in-field firmware updates, machine learning diagnostics, and data analytics.
Wired communication can be anything from a simple board to board I2C, SPI, or UART single-ended medium to a differential protocol bus such as J1939, CANbus, CANOpen, Profibus, or Modbus built on an RS485 medium and onward to a more complicated but much more powerful and isolated such as Ethernet. No problem- we have seen them all. USB, accelerometers, Gyros ….no problem.
- CANbus CAN Open, CAN CiA Compliance
- SAE J1939 J1587
- ProfiBus & ModBus
- Ethernet TCP/IP, PTP, SMTP, FTP, HTTPS, UDP, etc
- Basic UART, SPI, & I2C USB, Accelerometers, Gyros - IoT
- EtherCAT and ETG Compliance
- A2B for Audio, Automotive, and Broad Market Industrial
- RS485, RS232, RS422
- BACNet for Building Automation
Platforms & Modulo Controls
Sometimes a full custom design is too expensive. We offer quick-start kits that are a platform to get to production quickly. We offer multiple platform based products that we can wrap your needs around as a quick-to-market solution. We offer solutions for Graphics LCD, Flat Mesh Wireless, IoT Hubs. Over the years, we have also made some of our own tools out of necessity. Our DE-ISP & DE-JTAG & DE-ISP+ are adapters for in-system programming and debugging so that you can put a very small cost effective programming header on your target board.
User Interface & Displays
We believe in easy to use intuitive interfaces and icons no matter the product, no matter the hardware under the hood. A user interface touches Marketing and Engineering. It is the marriage of software and hardware. It provides the user experience and branding of your product.There are many technologies we can provide: LVDS or HDMI LCD interfaces, 4.3” LCD P-Cap touch screens that are designed for wet glove environments, 7 segment multi-color LED displays with Metal Over Cap for harsh and explosive environments. We can help you navigate those choices and provide a complete solution to your needs using cutting-edge looks and techniques while also designing for manufacturability, procurement, and certification.
We are constantly working closely with component vendors to keep up with new products to meet the needs of various LED lighting applications such as growing plants, architectural lighting, concert lighting, smart home automation, and even water proof applications. We offer wireless mesh LED lighting engines with BLE mobile app control. ..read more
IoT and IIoT - DE Design Works helps you get connected.
When it comes to adding IoT and IIoT t your product, DE Design Works helps you get connected.
We focus where the rubber meets the road: The leaf node of IoT. The actual device. This is the power and battery life blood of mobile in your platform mobility, the tamper secure processor of your unique device identification cloud connectivity plan, the machine learning sensor signature firmware in your control feedback processing and cloud data analytics reporting, the diagnostics that your service team desires, defining and providing the solution and value to the pain point your end customers need that your marketing and sales people are looking to deliver.
Our specialty is in the end devices and interfaces. We embed wired and wireless technology into products and design products from scratch with connectivity, security, manufacturing, and aesthetics in mind. We architect firmware, design circuit boards, and create solutions after understanding your vision and customer use case.We ask the right questions about customer use case, environment, real customer requirements and features, regulations, timeline, budget, marketing goals, and listen to your vision to make sure that the product design reflects your expectations and help you every step of the way from napkin sketch to production and everything in between. click here to read more
DE Design Works turns IoT hype and buzz into real products. Do you make products and want to sell more replacement parts and keep your customers running? Machine Learning predictability and analytics, remote diagnostics, in-field Over The Air (OTA) updates are all possible ..if you have the latest technology. This is what we help you infuse into your products. ...more about Cloud Connectivity