Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
BLE is fantastic for low power and low data rate and simple connectivity to phone Apps.
- Classic Bluetooth and serial port replacement
- BLE - now BLE 5.0 adds mesh capabilities and longer range
- Bluetooth Beacons - iBeacons and Eddystone are Beacon message formats that are used for BLE low power device advertising
- Bluetooth Audio - codec protocols such as A2DB or aptX can be used to stream audio
Not sure if Bluetooth or BLE is right for you? Are you also looking at Wifi or Zigbee or Zwave or Flat Mesh or Bluetooth Mesh or Sub GHZ or a Custom radio? >> No worries, we can explain all those trade-offs and help you navigate. Oh, and we are Bluetooth SIG members too which is a consortium that sets the Bluetooth roadmap and standards.
DE Design Works can provide a turnkey Android and iOS Apps or an SDK and API to your developer to work with our BLE solution and hardware design. We have multiple paths and proven experience. If your production volumes are sure to be over 100,000 units per year or you have unique packaging needs, we can create a chip down PCB solution offering the lowest cost and smallest foot print area and help you through FCC testing.
If your volumes are lower, we can design in a module. We have partnerships with multiple vendors who sell FCC pre-certified modules that we have designed into many products. You will have little to no FCC testing cost and get to market quickly because we know Bluetooth, PCB design, and firmware.
We have used Bluetooth for all kinds of solutions:
- Voice recognition over Bluetooth for the control of veterinarian table lift motors.
- Android and iOS Apps and APIs for adjustable bed controllers to control motor positions such as head, foot, pillow, massagers, and Zigbee MiWi wireless devices.
- Android and iOS Apps for temperature and flow sensors for plastic injection molding machines.
- Blood clot removal medical device with iOS Apps for changing pulse patterns.